GPL Alert: Super

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.org
Mon Jun 19 15:42:00 GMT 2006

On 18-Jun-2006 22:35, »Q« wrote:
> Michael Schaap wrote:
>
>> http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
>> It's a GUI around a bunch of command-line video file editing
>> tools.
>>
>> Installs both cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll in the System32 folder.
>> Can't find any mention of source code on the web site.
>
> I asked about this in alt.comp.freeware when somebody posted about
> Super.  A couple of people have reported that it doesn't install
> cygwin files, but one of them says he already had them from
> installing other apps.  In case it's of any interest, the thread is
> at
> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/browse_thread/thread/4096e6234e8d9209/708069dc5b3f5be5>
>
> or <http://tinyurl.com/g8sgt>

Well, after I installed it, I got lots of errors after my next reboot
which were caused by the copy of cygwin1.dll in the System32 folder...

Ans perhaps even more telling, in the support forum
<http://tinyurl.com/r2dda>, someone who is apparently one of the authors
states that it's perfectly fine to install cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll in
the System32 folder, 'cause everyone does it, and it you don't like it,
tough, just uninstall it...

  - Michael