RE: CR/LF problems after upgrade

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Blake [mailto:ebb9@byu.net]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 11:27 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com; Eramo, Mark
Subject: Re: CR/LF problems after upgrade

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU - reformatted

                    ^^^^      ^^^^^

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR - raw email munged

> On 1/5/07, fschmidt  wrote:
>> Okay, how can I set SHELLOPTS before invoking bash?  I tried it in
the
>> /etc/profile but that didn't work.

According to Eramo, Mark on 1/8/2007 9:33 AM:
> I have the same problem and I set this under the Windows System
> Variables as well as in the Cygwin shell window but neither worked.

> Actually, it sounds like you don't have the same problem.

> I use tsch as opposed to bash. Is there something different that needs
> to be set in this shell?

>tcsh is not the same as bash, and SHELLOPTS does not affect tcsh
(although
>even with tcsh, you probably end up invoking a lot of sh scripts that
are
>affected).  You'll have to show a simple test case that someone else
can
>reproduce before we can offer help.

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net

Thanks for the reply Eric. I actually tried this using bash first but I
think I maybe see what is wrong.

First, I added the following Environment Variable

SHELLOPTS=igncr

I then Opened Cygwin (envoking bash) and issued the SET command to see
the environment. As you can see below, the SHELLOPTS variable does not
have igncr included

SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:history:igncr:interactive
-comments:monitor

So, I just need to figure out why it's not picking it up (this must be
read only variable) and then how to get it added. Once I do that, I can
hopefully run an appropriate test.

Thanks,

Mark