Re: Exclude cygwin folder from malware scans?

Fred Ma wrote:
After some surfing, I haven't found any evidence of malware targetting
cygwin.  I'm considering excluding the massive file tree from scans
(AV, SpyBot, AdAware).  I'd be interested in more experienced opinions
about this.  Thanks.

I'd still be wary of as-yet-unknown viruses that reach out and infect loaded DLLs. You probably should continue to scan c:\cygwin\bin, but exclude everything else (which is still a big help).