Re: Re: username should be lower-case for $USER

First -

On 1/9/07, Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:

> $USER is a Windows environment variable and Cygwin doesn't change it.
> It just reports what Windows says.

Not true.  $USER is actually a shell variable, and is (re)set by the shell
(bash, ash, tcsh, what have you).  You must be thinking of $USERNAME,
which is a Windows variable.

Yes, you are exactly correct. I goobered that and I am glad you caught it and put it out there so at least the archives will reflect the truth.

Next -