Re: Snapshot speed on managing files

On 1/12/07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

To overcome this problem the file is moved to the recycle bin in
unlink(2), so that it disappears from it's original directory,
regardless whether it's still in use or not.  I tried to do this as
quick as possible but there's obviously some room for optimization.

Corinna, I'm sure you thought about this already, but I thought I'd check. Does this patch make sure to move the file to the recycle bin on the same filesystem as the original file? So that it is really a rename (fast), rather than a move (slow). Does it do something to limit the number of files in a single subdirectory of the recycle bin? (Might get slow once there are too many, especially on non-NTFS. If not, might this be the cause of the problem the OP is having?).

Lev