Re: activestate perl on cygwin

Kevin T Cella wrote:
And what does #! look like?
#! /usr/bin/perl
Is there something that the space after the "!" and before the "/" buys you?

So your specifically saying by your shebang line - execute Cygwin's perl.
what does ls portion after #! in your script return?
Before the conversion using cygpath, it returns the same as in the error: /home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl
So then you are saying that you have no /usr/bin/perl? Is so then why do you put "#! /usr/bin/perl" in your script at all?
But I think, there is some confusion here. My script will correctly execute the program using Activestate perl.
So now you are saying that you have no problem?!?
The example I gave is for when I have no wrapper script and just create a symlink in /usr/bin/perl that points to /c/Perl/bin/perl.exe.
Huh? There is no /c/... although I've heard of a way to do that I've also heard that it's not supported. Futher, why would you want to symlink /usr/bin/perl -> /c/Perl/bin/perl.exe?!? Or, since you insist on using ActiveState, then why not specifically specify something like #!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe or something like that?
The root cause of the example is the reason for the initial post. The wrapper script was the solution I happened to choose to get around the path problem, but quickly found out that it does not work properly with: perl -e 'print join "\n", @INC, "\n";'
Oh and what is PATH set to?
/home/kcella/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/c/Perl/bin/:/c
/WINDOWS/system32:/c/WINDOWS:/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem
You could probably also simply use #!perl since C:/Perl/bin is in your path...

--

Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.