Installation with root privilage: can't download Intel Fortran F90 compiler

The problem with running filename.sh was fixed with d2u - thanks!

But there's another problem now!

I am trying to download the Intel Fortran F90 compiler (which is
originally intended for Linux) to work on windows with Cygwin. It
requires installing as 'root'. I tried to install it from the windows
Administrator account, but it didn't work. Would you know how to fix
this?

Thanks,
KB

Hi KB, http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PPIOSPE please!

> Haven't used d2u before. A google search revealed several versions:
> http://linux.maruhn.com/sec/d2u.html Would you recommend any particular one?

  The one that comes as part of cygwin!  If you don't already have it, use
setup.exe to install the cygutils package.

cheers, DaveK -- Can't think of a witty .sigline today....