1.5.23 problem building gdal library

As wished by Norman Vine, I used the ML way to ask community about a
problem in building the gdal library in a cygwin context. And I follow
its concil : It's better to keep somes problems related documents (and
their fix is they exist) archived on a ML in the goal to share the
informations for future.

Me too, I use the ML to help me in the gdal building :
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-10/msg00072.html
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-10/msg00183.html
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-10/msg00186.html
.. and all messages in the corresponding threads.

FYI, all wished to build libraries are in /usr/local/src . So the
prefix is /usr/local

I builed the proj library without any problem.
Now, I wish to build the gdal library but I'm encountering some
problems about the gcc linker. I tried a lot of build stages with many
changes like :
(not particular sort)
- removed some formats in GDALmake.opt.in
- made a .so link :
	/usr/lib/libpng12.so -> /usr/lib/libpng12.dll.a
- libtoolize -f ; autoreconf -f -i -s
- made a link in gdal src library (libtool -> /usr/bin/libtool )
- changed need_relink from yes to no in ltmain.sh

But I always get the same message :

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lgeotiff.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libgeotiff and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/libgeotiff.dll.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpng.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpng and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/bin/libpng12-config

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lz.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libz and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/libz.dll.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -ldl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libdl and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/libdl.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.
using piecewise archive linking...

'cygcheck -svr' output is attached.

I can give more if needed.
Sorry for this long message.