Re: ls not showing anything - sometimes

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:36:44AM -0500, Chuck wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> I thought it might be a problem with cygwin too so I rolled back the
>>> cygwin kernel to version 1.5.23-1, and coreutils to 6.4-1. That didn't help.
>>>
>>> I'm glad someone else is reporting this. Maybe there's a real problem here.
>>>
>>> What hw/os is your colleague working on? Mine is a Dell D610 laptop,
>>> Windows XP SP2 with all latest patches.
>>
>> I doubt that this particular problem is anything other than a missing
>> package, actually.
>>
>> The details listed at http://cygwin.com/problems.html would probably be
>> helpful.
>
>I don't think it's a missing package. I've been using cygwin succesfully
> for years and suddenly last week the "ls" command stopped working. I
>haven't uninstalled or installed anything . All I've done recently is
>apply the latest kernel package (1.5.24-2). I will repost the problem
>along with cygcheck output

"this particular problem" == "the problem reported in this thread"

You have no basis for jumping on every potential cockpit error and claim
it is YA occurrence of your problem.  I don't know what is causing your
problem but the problem reported in this thread is likely to have been
caused by exactly what I said.