Re: ls not showing anything - sometimes

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:47:05PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:37:43PM -0500, Chuck wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> I apologize for my hyperbole.  What I am trying to get across is that
>>> doesn't benefit anyone to have you respond to messages from anyone who
>>> maintains that they are getting no output as if they had your problem.

>>> Once again, I am not saying that the problem that the OP had is the same
>>> as yours.  We have seen the problem shown by the OP before and it has
>>> been caused by a missing package.  Specifically, it has been caused by
>>> a missing cygintl* package.
>>>
>>> There is no reason for you to react to this as if I am trying to debug your
>>> problem when I am not.  I don't know why you are not getting this but it
>>> is, IMO, likely that the problem that the OP had is not the same as yours.
>>> Even if it is the same as yours, we need to do some basic sanity checks before
>>> we come to that conclusion.

>>> I am asking you to let the volunteers in this mailing list debug
>>> problems without your interjecting comments which confuse the issue.
>>> Feel free to try to debug the problem in your own message threads but
>>> please don't confuse other people reporting problems until we've done
>>> some basic narrowing down of root causes and shown that you have similar
>>> problems.
>>
>>I am the OP.
>
>Sorry for confusing the issue by using the term "OP".
>
>I was referring to Dennis Simpson.

And, now, on rereading the thread, I can see that I was confused.
Simpson started a discussion in your thread without any reference to
anything that had gone before and confused my feeble mind into thinking
that it was a new topic.

However, again, and for the final time, the fact that he had a similar
symptom does not mean that your issues are related.

Nevertheless, I apologize for my confusion here.

cgf