Re: FW: Re: [emacs_user@hotmail.com: ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs[5172]: GSlice: failed

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 08:26:36AM +0100, Jan Dj??rv wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>If someone is positing that one of several functions possibly isn't
>>working in cygwin why not report exactly which function that would be?
>>I.e., a little more work than reposting speculation would be
>>appreciated.
>
>I did that comment, it is not speculation.  I currently have no W32
>machine, hence no cygwin at all.

So if you have no way to verify anything then it sounds like it would be
speculation by definition.  Speculation isn't a bad word but speculating
doesn't actually do any good until someone can confirm the speculation.
Since I doubt that anyone here is going to download emacs to satisfy a
speculation that cygwin's API is broken, we obviously need more details
from people who care about this.

i.e.:

>I don't know how the original poster configured Gtk+, I don't know
>which version of cygwin he/she has, I don't know which version of Gtk+
>he/she has.  I only tried to find out if Emacs could fix this somehow,
>which it can't.  If the original poster (emacs_user@hotmail.com) can
>send in his/hers config.h from the Gtk+ configuration, we can figure
>out what function we are talking about.

So, basically you're saying "a little more work" is required.

cgf