Re: FW: Re: [emacs_user@hotmail.com: ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs[5172]: GSlice: failed

Larry Hall wrote:

Jan DjÃrv wrote:

Larry Hall wrote:
Jan D. wrote:

It seems that when Emacs defines its own malloc and friends, memalign returns ENOSYS. But emacs defines its own memalign as well. Shouldn't
that one be called?

Seems like it though it sounds like something that would be controlled by the emacs configure script to me.

I don't follow. How can the Emacs configure script make sure the Emacs
supplied memalign is called by glib?

Ah, sorry. I missed that you were referring to glib. I agree that there should be some consistency here. Perhaps things would work better if Emacs
used none of it's own m* implementations. That's just a WAG. I really have no experience with the Emacs code base. But it does sound to me like this would be Emacs configurable at least. ;-)

I'll try without Emacs own malloc. But dynamic linking on w32 seems strange to me, why is not Emacs own memalign called by glib?

Jan D.