rsync error message (code 12)

Hello all, I just joined the cygwin list.

I haven't been having any problems using cygwin until recently.  My
problem is rsync.

See, I'm using it to keep a set of books online synchronized between
my computer and the server they're supplied from. I didn't have any
problems using rsync to download until now.

The command I was using was:

rsync -avHS --delete ftp@ftp.ibiblio.org::gutenberg
/home/ftp/pub/mirrors/gutenberg (yes, these are the famous Project
Gutenberg ebooks :-p)

And this is the error message I've been getting:

receiving file list ... rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (331454 bytes received so far) [receiver]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(434)

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and get my books coming
to me again?

Jared B.