Re: cronjob + sed

linux1974 wrote:

> How do you set up cronjobs with cygwin? If I want to run a script that uses
> sed ( does thet standard sed that comes with cygwin supports /s /g etc
> commands to manipulate a string or do I need to upgrade sed? )
> and gets an input file  from a windows directory and output a new file on
> that directory?
> Tried to look for crontab  but couldn't find.

Editing the crontab is exactly as you would on linux, type "crontab -e"
and edit with whatever editor you've set EDITOR to.  When you save, it
will be installed.  Type "man 5 crontab" for details.  Remember to use
POSIX paths, not windows paths in your cron jobs.  You of course need to
install the cron package, I hope that goes without saying.  To install
the cron daemon itself (as a service) you need to run cron-config.

Cygwin includes GNU sed, same as on linux.  But then again I don't know
that a sed exists that doesn't support basic regular expression
functions.

Brian