From: Phil Edwards [mailto:phil.m.edwards@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 3:36 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com; Furash Gary; ebb9@byu.net
Subject: Re: Strange message from updatedb

Eric Blake:
>> /usr/bin/find: /c/System Volume Information: Permission denied
>
>Not a problem - you can't find details about certain in-use system
files.

I don't think that was the question.  If you note at the end of his
message, he gives the command invocation, which included that string in
--prunepaths.  That is, it's not the "permission denied" that's raising
issues, but rather that the exact string passed to --prunepaths is still
being searched.  (I believe he escaped the space characters but I could
be misremembering.)

Likewise for some of the other paths in the report.  They should already
be discarded via --prunepaths, but they're being searched anyhow,
producing various secondary errors.

-phil