Cernlib with Cygwin 1.5.24

Hi,
I've had some difficulty running the Cernlib package on Cygwin. In the
past I was able to make the package work by simply installing the
precompiled binaries at http://zyao.home.cern.ch/zyao/cernlib.html

However, a few days ago I did a fresh install of Cygwin and now I
cannot get the Cernlib package to work properly with those binaries.
Specifically I'm having problems running PAW. When I try to run PAW I
get the following:

~>paw

Calling 2003 version of paw-X11

rm: cannot remove `paw.metafile': No such file or directory
~>

The program does not seem to work at all it simply starts and quits. I
get no error messages.

I have tried to compile cygwin from source using the method described
in the above link as well as some of the posts of Angelo Graziosi in
this mailing list but I've had no luck. Is there a guide somewhere to
compiling Cernlib on a recent distribution of Cygwin or are there
precompiled binaries that work?

Thanks
--Chris