Re: Cygwin1.DLL soon to be Windows Vista only

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 09:57:28AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Apr  1 00:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> After some intense discussion with Corinna, we've decided that we will
>> soon be removing all support for any version of Windows other than
>> Windows Vista 64.
>
>Sorry folks, Chris isn't quite up-to-date with Vista versions.
>*Of course* Cygwin will only run on Vista Business and Vista Ultimate.
>The Home editions are just not worth it.
>
>And of course we will re-use the Windows Genuine Advantage program
>to make sure that only registered, legal copies of Cygwin will run.
>
>And then again, I'm a day late...

Corinna, you do better at April fool.  Here, I try:

Memo from HomeLand Security:

Homeland Security issued advisory saying Cygwin threat to National
SEcurity and raise level of threat due to threat of unported software
not available.  POSIX preoccupation of Cygwin considered harmful to
morale of troops in Iraq.  Expect delays at airports.  Bag all CDs
containint POSIX software in approved plastic containers.

Threat level is reddish-orange-with-tint-of-yellow.  National Guard on
Standby.

This is an official announcment.