Re: Fontconfig 2.4.1-4 is missing /etc/fonts/local.conf

Sorry for the tardy reply. Between too many hours
spent finishing a project and some much needed
rest/recovery after finishing it I have not been
monitoring the list as I would like to.

"Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <janneke-list at xs4all dot nl>
writes:

> "Cary R." <cygcary@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> The previous version 2.2.2-1 does include this
file.

> local.conf is for local changes, if it was shipped
in 2.2.2-1, then
> that's a bug.

I certainly agree that fontconfig should not be
overwriting an existing local.conf file, but I think
it should install a default/minimal one if it does not
already exist. One place where this is currently a
problem is that the postinstall script for LyX appends
its information to an existing file. It does not
create a local.conf file if one does not already
exist. Maybe this behavior should be considered a LyX
bug and the subject line changed to reflect this.

>> It also appears that the postinstall script needs
some
>> updating or it may no longer be needed.
>
>Please elaborate.

This comment was referring to the previous script. The
current script looks more than adequate!

Regards,

Cary