RE: redefining $HOME

What I do is to always use the "short name" version of the directories in $HOME and $PATH. It's a little bit of a pain because some programs put the long name in the path when they install, so every time I update iTunes (for example) I have to fix the path.

The short names are still available on Windows 2000 and XP (Vista?).

--Jeff