Newlines in cygwin help please...

Hello,
I'm sending text to a files via echo on 5 different lines in a shell script | using u2d command to convert it to a dos format and then sending it to my email. The text comes out as on big stream instead of each echo "Text us here" going on its own line? Is there a way to get each line to start from the far left as a newline?

Any ideas would be great!

Kevin M