Re: Why mix DOS files and UNIX files at Set-Up?

ariga masahiro wrote:
> Hi,
> cygwin Seniors,
> Although,I sent the same content mail to eCos mailing-list,
> I do not know this is cygwin'problem or eCos's problem,
> so I sent the same content to two mailing-lists.
> I am in a predicament!!
>
> I am a new-comer in eCos environment,working in a Japanese
> developing Co.
> My PC is Windows XP machine and I installed cygwin(Setup.exe version
> 2.510.2.2),
> selected checkboxs "All Users"(defaut),"Unix"(default).
> I also installed the latest eCos configtool from ecoscentric.com.
> I studied ecos hard,I went through hell,
> and finally I thought understand how to use eCos configtool.

At <http://ecos.sourceware.org/cygwin.html>, they
recommend installing Cygwin using the "DOS" file type.
This is contrary to our recommendations but if eCos
requires this, you're best to either follow their
instructions and follow-up with them if you experience
any issues.  Otherwise, you will need to convert all eCos
"text" files and scripts using 'd2u'.

Holliston, MA 01746