Re: VS 2005 cl.exe /Zi fails under ssh public key authentication

On 4/20/07, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
Andrew Jorgensen wrote:

> I've been digging deep to try to solve this issue.  I have read the
> older threads regarding it[0].  I have an open ticket with MSDN
> support to resolve it and we've made some progress but I need some
> help at this point.

You said you read the older threads, but you didn't say which.  Did you
read this one:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/threads.html#00571>?  Following the
links to
<http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=389029&SiteID=1>
indicates that this was a bug in VS that was fixed in SP1.

Yes, we've read that. MS says that the hotfix referred to is not related to this bug (though it really does look like it at by the description!). Also we have, of course, tried it.