Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] clisp-2.41-2 released

Matthew Woehlke wrote:

In fact, it sounds like it might be a weird setup bug i.e.
an installed version that is no longer available messes up
the cycle. I would definitely try a setup snapshot and
checking the log as per Brian's advice (although I'm not
sure if the log will help since setup does seem to know
about the new version).

I don't see anything in setup.log.full that looks relevant. I upgraded setup.exe from 2.510.2.2 to 2.568 to no avail.

If you're feeling adventurous you could download the setup
source code and have a look around. :-)

Maybe in my copious free time! (I did download the source, in case I get in the mood.)

Meanwhile I would guess that installing the 'prev' version
first would work.

I was in the process of doing this when I had the idea of seeing whether CLISP version 2.41-2 was visible when "Hide obsolete packages" was unchecked, so I cancelled, but by then version 2.39-2 was already uninstalled. Unsurprisingly, this ended the weird behavior. I couldn't figure out how to reinstall version 2.39-2 to try my experiment (unchecking "Hide obsolete packages" didn't reveal it) so I just went ahead and installed version 2.41-2, which of course was my original goal. This new version does indeed solve the problem discussed in the thread starting at:

Thanks to Reini for that.

Brian Dessent wrote:

It only happens when you have a version installed that's
so old it's no longer available on the mirror, I think.

That makes sense, because my installed version (2.37-1) was pretty old. I thought it was listed in the setup.ini of the mirror I was using, but checking now I see it isn't, which presumably means my "Hide obsolete packages" idea wouldn't have worked anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help.

--
Aaron
http://arundelo.com