Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] clisp-2.41-2 released

Aaron Brown wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Meanwhile I would guess that installing the 'prev' version
first would work.

I was in the process of doing this when I had the idea of seeing whether CLISP version 2.41-2 was visible when "Hide obsolete packages" was unchecked, so I cancelled, but by then version 2.39-2 was already uninstalled. Unsurprisingly, this ended the weird behavior. I couldn't figure out how to reinstall version 2.39-2 to try my experiment (unchecking "Hide obsolete packages" didn't reveal it) so I just went ahead and installed version 2.41-2, which of course was my original goal.

AFAIK the only way to install a package no longer listed on the mirrors is to do an "Install from Local Directory" using either an old setup.ini or one that has been modified to point at the old version (and of course you need to already have the old package for this).

At any rate, thanks go to Brian for confirming this bug; at least we know what the problem is, and of course how to work around it.

--
Matthew
"Please remain calm... I may be mad, but I am a professional."