RE: Re[2]: rsync with --recursive --files-from=

On 09 May 2007 19:59, oleyk wrote:

  DO NOT USE FALSE EMAIL ADDRESSES OLEYK.

  Look at the From: line of your post.  "cygwin at cygwin dot com" is *not*
the address of Marvin Rishoff.

> i'm sorry, but:
>
> $ rsync --version
> rsync version 2.4.6  protocol version 24

> i have no option "--files-from=". i can't check.

  Ok, so you've got an ancient version of rsync that the feature wasn't
implemented in, so you can't help: why are you even posting?  You may as well
save yourself the effort!

> try so:
>
> Dave Korn> Show  us  the  contents  of 'list'. Perhaps some of the filenames
> Dave Korn> need escaping in some fashion.

  I'm sure Marvin is perfectly capable of reading the reply I sent all by
himself, without needing you to pointlessly repeat it for him, but thanks
anyway.

> and
>
>     /usr/bin/rsync -avz --files-from=`find ./WMS_*.log -mtime -7 -print` ...

  No, that's no use at all, because the result of the backticks would not be
the name of a file that contains a list of files to use, it would the
*contents* of the list.

    cheers,
      DaveK