Re: ruby for cygwin comes without "gem" command

As Shankar Unni says, don't try to install gem for cygwin using the
gem that comes with the Ruby One-Click Installer for Windows. Instead,
get the tarball and install it using the included script. Since
rubygems is pure ruby, you don't have to worry about having a compiler
installed. It should just work with what the default cygwin install
plus ruby and its dependencies. To install it, do the following steps:

1. Download tarball from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
(currently rubygems-0.9.3.tgz)

2. Unpack the tarball

3. Go into the directory containing setup.rb

4. Type ruby setup.rb install

-- Ben