Re: ssh gives nt authority/system

Il giorno 24/mag/07, alle ore 04:24, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:

Lucio Cosmo wrote:

Il giorno 23/mag/07, alle ore 19:42, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:

Lucio Cosmo wrote:

Il giorno 15/mag/07, alle ore 16:06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:

Lucio Cosmo wrote:
Hello All.
[....]

If so, how can it be done ?

Just run it. But there's no reason you can't run it as a service under
a different user. You loose the ability for the service to change to
another user (so you'll always be the user that the service started as,
in every way) but since you're willing to give that up already, I don't
see that as an issue.

Not so much expert in bash commands and enviroment. How can it be done ?

"cygrunsrv --start sshd" does not solve, obviously :)

If you've already run ssh-host-config, then doing the above is just going
to start the service with the user specified at install time, either
SYSTEM or sshd_server. Your best bet is to uninstall the service and
reinstall it specifying the user you want. Include the password too.

'cygrunsrv --uninstall sshd' should uninstall the current service.
See 'ssh-host-config' for how to invoke 'cygrunsrv' to install with a
particular user.

> cygrunsrv --remove sshd (not --uninstall :) )

> cygrunsrv --install sshd --user lucio -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a -D -y tcpip
Enter password:
( done )

> cygrunsrv --start sshd
cygrunsrv: Error startin a service: StatService: Win32 error 1069:
The service is not started due to an access error (string badly translated from italian).

I also tried running

>/usr/sbin/sshd
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Disabling protocolo version 1: could not load host key
Disabling protocolo version 2: could not load host key

to stupid to do ? if not, can someone tell me the correct arguments ? it would more than enough for me...

Sorry, can't be more specific than that at the moment.
I don't have Cygwin handy. ;-)

I tried, but I have difficulties in moving through commands and shells :(
I'm only a C / C++ developer...

Thanks for your patience.