Re: Cygwin allocted time slice

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 04:15:40AM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
>Cygwin seems to only use a small amount of time slice relative to the
>ammount of time slice availiable.  Compiles, builds and testsuite are
>relly slow compared to MinGW which takes too much time.
>
>'time' results confirm this.  Process time is about 1/4 of the total
>system time.
>
>It i very noticable on compiling and testing GCC as compared to the
>same on Linux or MinGW.
>
>Is there any way to give Cygwin a bigger slice of the pie ?
>
>Say 50% or 75% ?

How do you suppose Cygwin is managing this interesting feat of only
using some of the CPU time?  What Windows API is Cygwin using to just
grab a small slice of the time?

As a follow-up question:  Why do you suppose we are punishing you by
not allowing Cygwin to use all of the CPU by default?

Oh.  Wait.  WJM.  Nevermind.

cgf