using chere

Hi Everyone-

If I run chere like this:

chere -iam1 -s bash -t cmd

or like this:

chere -iam2 -s bash -t cmd

Then it behaves as expected. What I was hoping was to get the same functionality, but have it pop up an xterm for me instead of the cmd window. Is this supposed to work? I tried this:

chere -iam1 -s bash -t xterm

and this:

chere -iam2 -s bash -t xterm

In both cases, the shell extension is installed as expected, but when I click on "Bash prompt here", nothing happens.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice what might be happening? I couldn't find anything in the archives. This happens no matter which shell I use, and even with an empty .profile, .login, .bashrc. Thanks!

-Lewis