Re: Reloaded Win XP, now need to reload cygwin - sorta

Larry:

>You may be surprised to find out that these ideas are not new.  What's been
>missing in the past has been patches that do something like what you suggest
>in a compelling way.  If you're interested, you may be able to remedy that.

I'm happy to read that the idea isn't new.

As much as I'd like to update the setup program, I know zero about Windoze
programming, and really prefer to keep it that way.  I'm a Unix programmer,
born an bred.  If you were talking Sun package install, then it would be
right up my alley.

And since I suspect the setup program requires Windoze programming knowledge,
I would not be any help in adding that feature.

It must not be easy, or it would have been done by now?

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign