RE: GCC 4.1.1

Brian Dessent wrote:
> With that out of the way, it's possible to get -mno-cygwin working
with gcc4
> just fine, it shouldn't take any patches.  You'll of course have to
build gcc
> again as the MinGW version, and set up some symlinks.  See the
postinstall of
> the gcc package for details.

On a related note, is Cygwin's MinGW cross-compiler still
switching to the more Gnu-ish convention (i.e., called as
i686-pc-mingw-gcc and without -mno-cygwin)? 4 or 5 months
ago it sounded like such a change was imminent.

We already build i686-pc-mingw-gcc and friends for Linux.
I've been debating whether I should build Cygwin versions
(or more likely create shell wrappers), which would allow
us to transition later without changing our makefiles. If
this isn't happening anytime soon, I'd favor building my
own to wrappers. (If it's not happening at all, I'd stick
to -mno-cygwin.)

gsw