RE: Looking for man pages

I don't need a network connection to get those pages on any of the
Slackware computers I use at home. But this is my office computer with
too many people (250) and clients (>1000) sharing a limited bandwidth
(5MB) connection to the Internet. Google Search is specifically
forbidden, even if I wanted to install it, and any application that does
frequent automatic connections is strongly discouraged.

I personally don't like any of the automagic search tools because they
don't let me know that the information I wanted was not where I thought
it should be. That leaves me with too many broken shortcuts and
bookmarks. If they are broken, I want to know that before I look for
another source for the information.

Bob McConnell