Re: Looking for man pages

On Jun 28 13:12, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > No, it doesn't.  It's still the old documentation not updated for... at
> > least... no, even longer.  The new one reflects the state of Cygwin from
> > CVS/recent snapshots.  Did I mention how much such a project depends on
> > volunteers, lately?
>
> You're saying that the docs cleanup needs to be backported to the 1.5.24
> branch (cr-0x5f1 ?) from HEAD then, right?  The last .24 release was API
> minor 156, so that would mean removing reference to:

Not exactly removing everything, sometimes it's moving between the
chapters in posix.sgml.

>       157: Export gai_strerror, getaddrinfo, getnameinfo, freeaddrinfo,
>            in6addr_any, in6addr_loopback.
>       158: Export bindresvport, bindresvport_sa, iruserok_sa, rcmd_af,
>            rresvport_af.
>       159: Export posix_openpt.
>       160: Export posix_fadvice, posix_fallocate.
>       161: Export resolver functions.
>       162: New struct ifreq.  Export if_nametoindex, if_indextoname,
>            if_nameindex, if_freenameindex.
>       163: Export posix_madvise, posix_memalign.
>       164: Export shm_open, shm_unlink.
>       165: Export mq_close, mq_getattr, mq_notify, mq_open, mq_receive,
>            mq_send, mq_setattr, mq_timedreceive, mq_timedsend,
> mq_unlink.
>       166: Export sem_unlink.
>       167: Add st_birthtim to struct stat.
>       168: Export asnprintf, dprintf, _Exit, vasnprintf, vdprintf.
>       169: Export confstr.
>       170: Export insque, remque.
>       171: Export exp10, exp10f, pow10, pow10f, strcasestr, funopen,
>            fopencookie.
>       172: Export getifaddrs, freeifaddrs.
>       173: Export __assert_func.

        174: Export stpcpy, stpncpy.

> If that's what's necessary I can take a look at doing it, just wanted to
> be sure we're on the same page first.

That would be cool.  The change to the docs to reflect that ansi.sgml
and misc.sgml are gone would have to be ported as well.  If you could
check it in to the branch and generate new web docs from there, I'd be
very glad.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat