Re: Problem with setup.exe

David Kastrup a écrit :
Hi,

I have downloaded and non-installed a number of packages.  Now I call
setup.exe in a batch file with

setup -n -N -d -A -L -q -R %CYGWIN_HOME%

and this works in that it installs what is cached in the local
directory, but!!! just the default minimal selection, not what I have
additionally selected and fetched using setup.exe.

Since this is part of an automated installation procedure, this is
quite a nuisance.  Is there any way to tell setup.exe what else to
install when it _is_ already cached?

Hi,

Just add a "virtual" package in your setup.ini in the "Base" category
that depends on the packages you need.

I think there is no way to tell Cygwin to install "every packages in the
local directory" on the command-line mode.

Be careful, the setup.ini is erased with a fresh one each time you
launch "install from internet".

Here is mine:

@ bidon
sdesc: "Paquet bidon."
category: Base
requires: unzip zip gawk gzip tar sed ed vim perl python email mutt lftp
openssh rsync less bzip2 wget patch cadaver autossh stunnel curl a2ps
cron file ioperm lynx nano patchutils psutils shutdown tcp_wrappers time
util-linux whois pcre ping zsh psmisc procps
version: 0.0.1-1
source: ...

You'll have to create the "source:" line with the size in byte and the
md5sum of a "fake" package, in my example
"release/bidon/bidon-0.0.1-1.tar.bz2". It has to be a real file because
setup.exe checks the md5 signature during the parsing of setup.ini.

Nicolas