Re: Problem: Why the file in the mount (as system) directory can't be found?

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>. Reformatted.

Liping Zeng wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Peshansky [mailto:pechtcha <AT> cs <DOT> nyu <DOT> edu]
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

Sent: 2007å7æ7æ 10:39
To: Liping Zeng
Cc: cygwin <AT> cygwin <DOT> com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ditto.

Subject: Re: Problem: Why the file in the mount (as system) directory can't
be found?

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Liping Zeng wrote:

I mount D:\tornado to /tornado with following:
	$ mount -s "D:\tornado" /tornado
When I exectue command in /:
     $ wtxtcl /tornado/host/src/hutils/muntch.tcl with following result
     couldn't read file "host/src/hutils/munch.tcl": no such file or
directory
but after I change my work directory to /tornao, and do it again, it work
well.
I don't know why, can anyone help me?

Because most likely wtxtcl is not a Cygwin program, and thus does not understand Cygwin mounts (or Cygwin POSIX paths, for that matter). Igor
> Wtxtcl is not a Cygwin program, but as what I do, the environment are same
> for both executions. The diffrence is the work directory.
> In /:
> $ wtxtcl /tornado/host/src/hutils/muntch.tcl
>>      couldn't read file "host/src/hutils/munch.tcl": no such file or
> directory
> In /tornado
> $ wtxtcl /tornado/host/src/hutils/muntch.tcl
> (OK)

The fact that Wtxtcl works fine in one circumstance with Cygwin's POSIX path is serendipity, not an indication that all such paths should work. If you wish Wtxtcl to understand Cygwin's POSIX paths, you need to rebuild from source using Cygwin's gcc or have the author do this for you. The "close second" to this option is to use 'cygpath' to convert the POSIX path into it's Windows equivalent, i.e.:

wtxtcl $(cygpath -wa /tornado/host/src/hutils/muntch.tcl)

Obviously, this has it's limits but should suffice in your case.

Holliston, MA 01746