Re: fyi - mirror prob

Dave Korn wrote:

> On 10 July 2007 09:25, Linda Walsh wrote:
>
>> seems like the grep package on http://mirrors.kernel.org appears corrupt
>> (too short).
>> Seems fine on another mirror.
>
>   Seems fine on kernel.org to me: maybe you have local firewall / http proxy issues?

One problem I've seen was that the "mirrors" (at kernel.org) are not
synchronized btw. themselves.  Looking at your wget, you get 2 addresses (in
random order), the result depends on which one is used.

A second note is that with the latest setup.exe, last weekend,
mirrors.kernel.org produced a message saying it is no longer in the list of
Cygwin mirrors.

> /win/t/artimi $ wget 'http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin/release/grep/grep-2.5.1a-4.tar.bz2'
> --10:44:57--  http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin/release/grep/grep-2.5.1a-4.tar.bz2
>            => `grep-2.5.1a-4.tar.bz2'