Setup.exe 1.5.24-2

I'm trying to run Setup.exe 1.5.24-2 on a freshly patched XP SP2 system.  The
only non-default settings I use during setup are to tell it the download source
is "Install from Local Directory" and then I configure the Local Package
Directory to be a directory (currently empty) on my hard drive.  As soon as I
specify the Local Package directory and click "Next", Setup.exe crashes.

Ideas on a fix?