Measure traffic on openssh tunnel?

Hello,

I have installed the latest openSSHd to setup a ssh tunnel on windows 2k3. I would like to measure the monthly traffic that goes through the tunnel (or total traffic until tunnel is closed) and am wondering how to achieve this. Is there any such functionality in openssh? Any suggestions how I should go about?

More info: The tunnel will be from one local port to a port on a remote host. From what I understand the tunnel I want to measure will be something like: ssh -l username -L localport:remoteserver:remoteport localhost cat -

(thought: Could that cat - command be changed to something more useful for measurement?)

Regards,
Finexe Adm