Creating dll in cygwin gives "Undefined reference" errors

Hi to all,
I am trying to create dll in cygwin. I read,
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html .
But didn't got much help from that document.

I am porting Linux code to windows using cygwin. I am done with main
program. But want to create add-on module for that program as I have
done in Linux.
The Makefile to create add-on module in linux is,
 sample.so: sample.c
    g++ sample.c -I. -I../../include -pthread -D_REENTRANT
-Wl,-soname,sample.so -shared -fPIC -o sample.so
 clean:
    rm -f sample.so sample.so

It creates a .so file and works fine with my main program in Linux.

So now I want to create .DLL file in cygwin using above Makefile. So
made some changes in Makefile like,
sample.dll: sample.c
     g++ sample.c -I. -I../../include -D_REENTRANT
-Wl,-soname,sample.dll -shared -o sample.dll
 clean:
     rm -f sample.dll sample.dll

But when I compiles in cygwin it gives me some "Undefined reference" errors.
Take an example,

 /cygdrive/e/DOCUME~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccLMFYUe.o:sample.c:(.text+0x4c):
undefined reference to `createlog(int, char*, ...)'

Now this "createlog" function is defined in one of .cpp file of my
main program.(Just for your information)

Can you help me to solve problem of "undefined reference" ??

--
Regards,
Pradip