Re: Cygwin Bash Kernel

Parvez Bhatti <bhattibest <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> When I run Cygwin setup, I am able to download the latest version 3.2.17-15
> but this version is not Oracle supported.

If Oracle claims that 3.2.9-11 works, but not 3.2.17-15, then they should
forward the reports of the regressions they encountered to this list.
Otherwise, I think you are just fine using something newer than what Oracle
claims will work; and if you aren't fine, then you should be complaining to
Oracle that they should fix their software wot work with the newest version,
rather than complaining here that we should reintroduce the bugs that have been
fixed by going to a newer release.  This list has no control over Oracle's use
(or possible misuse) of cygwin.

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin bash maintainer