Re: Cron Issue

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barnhart Jay"
To: <cygwin>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 10:07 AM
Subject: Cron Issue

I'm trying to get Cron running on our Windows 2003 environment....We
have installed the software and run cron_diagnose.sh with no issues.
The problem I'm having is the /var/log/cron.log isn't showing any
entries and the Windows event log has stated that "/usr/sbin/cron file
not found".  It seems like it's a path or permissions problem.  The
crontab file that I have created is running a super simple script every
5 minutes.  The event log is generating the error every 5 minutes, which
tells me that cron is reading the crontab file, so the error message is
confusing....

I've read most of the postings that I've seen on this issue and added
permissions, created the dedicated cron_server account, etc.

*******************
Jay,

Having the exact text of the error message would help.
When you run cron_diagnose.sh you should see the following on the screen:
**
If you cannot fix the problem, then report it to cygwin@cygwin.com.
Please run the script /usr/bin/cronbug and ATTACH its output
(the file cronbug.txt) to your e-mail.
**
Please do so as well.

Pierre