RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys

Hi,

this time I need help.

I'm used to using xterm for all my terminal needs usually.  Yesterday I
tested a scenario which would call for using rxvt in non-X11 mode.  All
is fine, except that I'm unable to use my keyboard layout as I'm used to
it.

I'm working under tcsh in emacs edit mode and what I have in my .cshrc
file, which works nicely for xterms and rxvt under Linux, as well as for
native Windows consoles is this:

bindkey '^[^[[D'        backward-word
bindkey '^[^[[C'        forward-word
bindkey '^[[3D'         backward-word
bindkey '^[[3C'         forward-word
bindkey '^[[1;3D'       backward-word
bindkey '^[[1;3C'       forward-word

This covers all combinations of ALT - Crsr Left and ALT - Crsr Right
which I have to work with.  So, in all terminals I can use the Alt +
cursor keys to move wordwise in the command line.

It just doesn't work for a Cygwin rxvt window.  For some reason it does
neither recognize Alt + Cursor, nor Ctrl + Cursor keys for me.

I tested with od -c.  I pressed <Cursor Left><Enter><Alt+Cursor Left>
<Return><Ctrl+Cursor Left><Return><Ctrl-D>.

The native Windows console returns

  $ od -c
  0000000 033   [   D  \n 033 033   [   D  \n 033   [   d  \n
  0000015

which translates to

  <Cursor Left>      = ESC [ D
  <Alt+Cursor Left>  = ESC ESC [ D
  <Ctrl+Cursor Left> = ESC [ d

Rxvt on Linux returns

  $ od -c
  0000000 033   [   D  \n 033 033   [   D  \n 033   O   d  \n
  0000015

which translates to

  <Cursor Left>      = ESC [ D
  <Alt+Cursor Left>  = ESC ESC [ D
  <Ctrl+Cursor Left> = ESC 0 d

The same on Cygwin rxvt

  $ od -c
  0000000 033   [   D  \n  \n 033   O   d  \n
  0000011

which translates to

  <Cursor Left>      = ESC [ D
  <Alt+Cursor Left>  = NIL
  <Ctrl+Cursor Left> = ESC 0 d

Is there anything I can do about that, or is this a bug in rxvt, maybe?
I tried with -/+meta8 as well as with trying different -mod options, but
to no avail.

Thanks for any help,
Corinna

Red Hat