RE: Problem building GCC on Cygwin on Vista

On 20 August 2007 18:16, Aaron Gray wrote:

>>> Unmodified GCC 4.2.0 compiles okay, but when modified cracks appear, only
>>> on Vista though, XP is okay. So must be something to do with permissions.
>>
>>  So, what tool did you use to 'modify' it?
>
> A Windows text editor called Zeus.
>
> I have been altering the C source code and some configureation and
> gcc/makefile but AFAICT nothing that should effect gcc/configure though.
>
> Its all very odd.
>
> Hopefully I shall get to the bottom of it if I perservere, but any help or
> suggestions are welcome.

  Well, why don't you actually *look* at those perms, instead of asking people
who have no access to your computer and no idea what you've been doing to make
random guesses?  All your descriptions are way too vague for any attempt at
remote diagnosis.

    cheers,
      DaveK