Vista: mount/umount -s permission denied

On Windows Vista Enterprise, I consistently receive "permission denied" errors when using cygwin mount/umount commands on system mounts (mount/umount -s ...). I cannot mount novel system mount points (e.g., mount -s -b C:\\bonga /usr/local) or unmount existing system mount points (e.g., umount -s /usr/lib). The same is true from the cygwin bash prompt, from within a cygwin bash script, from the windows command prompt (C:\cygwin\bin\mount -s ...) or from within a windows .bat file.

The system is a single-user system, and my identity is that under which setup.exe was run to install cygwin.

I have not had this issue with cygwin under XP.

User mounts (mount/umount -u) work just fine for me on Vista.

Are system mounts supposed to be unmutable? If so, oh. If not, is there a work-around, or what have I done wrongly?

Thanks,

Dick

P.S. cygcheck attached.

----