Re: openssh not reporting the correct errorlevel

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 08:19:26AM +0100, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>*  (Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:55:23 -0700 (PDT))
>> Here are the command sequence I ran on Windows 2003 x86 SP2 servers (delhi is the hostname)
>> C:\>ssh delhi net
>> The syntax of this command is:
>>
>> NET [ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE | GROUP | HELP |
>>       HELPMSG | LOCALGROUP | NAME | PAUSE | PRINT | SEND | SESSION |
>>       SHARE | START | STATISTICS | STOP | TIME | USE | USER | VIEW ]
>>

>> C:\>echo %errorlevel%
>> 0
>>
>> ANALYSIS:
>> The errorlevel returned from the second command should be "1"
>> instead of "0".
>
>Sorry, but that's ridiculous. You shouldn't use command line
>applications if you don't have a basic understanding of what you're
>doing.

How in the world do you know this?  I thought this was just an
indication of someone who wanted to see the error code from a remote
command propagated to a local system.  I don't see any reason to assume
that the OP didn't know what they were doing.  The only thing they
didn't know was how to report a cygwin problem.

cgf