Re: Crontab runs fine in cmd line not via CRON for expect scripts

John-Mc wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new here so please bear with me. I have a server running Windows Server
2003 Std Edition w/ SP2 and for whatever reason I cannot get CRON to execute
my expect scripts. If I run them manually they run just fine. Another
co-worker has some perl scripts that kick off without any issues, can
someone tell me why Cygwin won't execute them. I'm including a copy of
crontab below, Thanks!

Typically when scripts run fine from the command line and not from 'cron', it's because they explicitly or implicitly depend on some environment settings (i.e. variables) that aren't available when 'cron' runs. The typical solution is to make sure that you include those environment settings in your scripts or your crontab. FWIW, this is not a Cygwin specific issue. The same thing would happen to you running the script from 'cron' on other platforms. So if you find that this is indeed your problem, you may want to review the man pages for 'cron' and/or other 'cron' documentation.

Holliston, MA 01746