RE: Don't like "setup" for ocassional updates

Hi Paul,

The Cygwin list is the appropriate place for followups:

> From: Paul McFerrin
>
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >> From: Paul McFerrin
> >>
> >> I thought is was that straight forward.  Consider the .bz2
> file under
> >> bzip2:
> >>     bzip2-1.0.3-2.tar.bz2
> >> I did a "bunzip2 -d file..." and ended up with a file
> "bunzip2.exe"
> >> which is corrupt.  Can't do
> >>     tar -t file...
> >>

> > Perhaps it's time to upgrade your Cygwin installation. :-0
> >
> Well I did, without the knowledge that setup would do that.
> I'm now running version 1.5.24.  I'll stay with that.  The
> last person (Larry
> Hall) mentioned using wget or curl but gave no URL's on where
> I might even find the files.  Maybe I'm blind, but that seems
> to be a secret.

It's no secret to those of us using setup.exe ;-).

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, "If you lived here, you'd be home by now."  Use
setup.exe and you can't get fooled again.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle