Re: Uninstalling a program from Cygwin in Windows XP

On 9/14/07, D <renderzdreamz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have installed a program called Fontforge (An
> outline font editor) into the Cygwin environment in
> order to create and manipulate fonts for Windows XP. I
> would like to update the editor, but when I try the
> uninstall commands cygwin does not uninstall the
> program can some provide help as to how to uninstall
> Fontforge.
>
> This is the command that was used to install the
> program in Cygwin:
>
> $ bunzip2 fontforge_cygwin-*.tar.bz2
> $ tar xf fontforge_cygwin-*.tar
> $ cd fontforge
> $ ./doinstall
>
> Now when I try to uninstall the program I was supposed
> to use this command:
> $ su
> password:
> $ rm -rf /usr/local/bin/{fontforge,sfddiff} \
> /usr/local/lib/{libgdraw,libgunicode,libuninameslist}*
> \
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/fontforge.pc \
> /usr/local/man/man1/{fontforge,sfddiff}.1 \
> /usr/local/share/doc/fontforge \
> /usr/local/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/FontForge.mo
>
> but it does not uninstall the program.  Any
> suggestions as to what I need to do to uninstall this
> program?

More information is required in order to provide any help.  Do you get
any errors when you issue the above commands?  What actually happens
when you issue the commands?  What makes you believe the removal does
not occur?

Lou
--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity