Re: Passing arguments to rxvt when it is used as an argument for chere

Marco Atzeri wrote:
> --- Richard Toy ha scritto:
>> I see from this post
>>
>> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-06/msg00465.html
>> that somebody
>> appears to have passed some arguments to rxvt when
>> it is used as an
>> argument for chere.
>>
>> Is this possible to do this by invoking chere in
>> some way or is it
>> necessary to edit the Windows registry to pass
>> arguments?

> two solutions on my mind:
>
> 1) run chere as usual and use regedit to modify
> only the command. (this is how I did it)
>
> 2) run chere with -p and use the output as base
> for a script.
> chere -i -p -t rxvt -s bash

Yep those are the two ways to do it. There's no way to specify extra arguments on the chere command line that will be appended to the invocation command.

May I ask what command line options you're thinking of adding? Could they go into .Xdefaults instead? Most rxvt and xterm options can.

Dave.
chere maintainer.