Re: gcc does not know about "new" and "delete"

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 12:47:36PM +0200, Markus E L wrote:
>>> There are potentially other libraries which might be required for
>>> C++.  You really should use g++ to link C++ programs.
>>
>>Right. I never said differently.
>
> If you want to get technical, I didn't say that you did.
>
> Your message could be taken as implying that an alternate way to link
> c++ programs was to just add -lstdc++ to the command line.  I wanted to

Ah, no. I hope nobody drew that (wrong) conclusion. Actually I only
answered into that thread -- which originally I perceived as
completely resolved -- because I thought the last post (by Erich
Dollansky) showed a slightly wrong picture of the role of the gcc
driver.

> make sure that we didn't see subsequent email from someone who thought
> that was a good way to link c++ programs.

Thank's for watching out for such possibilities and forestalling any
misunderstandings.

Regards -- M